Resources for Individuals:
Economic Impact Payments
The third round of Economic Impact Payments was authorized by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 as an advance payment of the tax year 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit. The IRS started sending the third Economic Impact Payments to eligible individuals on March 12, 2021. Economic Impact Payments will continue to be sent weekly in 2021 as 2020 tax returns are processed.
Am I eligible? Tennesseans with an adjusted gross income up to $75,000 for individuals, and up to $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns, will receive the full amount of the second payment.
I’m eligible, how do I check the status of my EIP 3? If you haven’t received your payment, you can check the status using the Get My Payment portal. More information: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/third-economic-impact-payment
Resources for Small Businesses:
Information for Small Businesses from the White House
Small Business Assistance from the Treasury Department
Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance in Response to COVID-19
- SBA Loan Application Information
Paycheck Protection Loan Forgiveness Information
Borrowers in the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) may be eligible for loan forgiveness: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/covid-19-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program/ppp-loan-forgiveness
Forgiveness forms and instructions
- FAQ About PPP Loan Forgiveness
- PPP Loan Forgiveness Application + Instructions
- PPP EZ Loan Forgiveness Application + Instructions
- PPP 3508S Loan Forgiveness Application + Instructions
- Loan Forgiveness Requirements and Loan Review Procedures as Amended by Economic Aid Act
Watch out for scams!
If you suspect you may be a victim of fraud, you should contact these federal authorities:
- Federal Trade Commission: 1-877-382-4357 ftc.gov/complaint
- US Department of Justice: 866-720-5721 justice.gov/DisasterComplaintForm
- US Department of Veterans’ Affairs: 1-888-407-0144
For further assistance reporting suspected fraudulent activity, contact either the Cookeville or Gallatin district offices.